Mailing-lists are a great way to keep your finger on the pulse of the Ruby community. Ruby has four primary English speaking mailing lists:
- This is the most popular mailing-list and deals with general topics about Ruby. Ruby-Talk is mirrored by Ruby-Forum.com. (FAQ and Archives)
- This list deals with core and implementation topics about Ruby, often used to run patches for review. (Archives)
- This list is for discussing documentation standards and tools for Ruby. (Archives at Gmane)
- This list reports all commits to Ruby’s CVS repository.
- The comp.lang.ruby Newsgroup
- Those who prefer Usenet over mailing lists will want to checkout the comp.lang.ruby newsgroup.
If you fail to receive a confirmation e-mail using the form, try subscribing the manual way.