Posted by Yugui on 2 Jul 2010
Ruby 1.9.1-p429 has just been released. This is a patchlevel release for Ruby 1.9.1. This fixes many bugs and includes the fix for a security vulnerability that allows an attacker to execute an arbitrary code.
A security vulnerability that causes buffer overflow when you assign a
danger value to
ARGF.inplace_mode on Windows. It possibly allows an
attacker to execute an arbitrary code.
The affected versions are:
- Ruby 1.9.1 patchlevel 378 and all prior versions;
- Ruby 1.9.2 preview 3 and all prior versions;
- Development versions of Ruby 1.9 (1.9.3dev).
I recommend you to upgrade your ruby 1.9 to 1.9.1-p429 or 1.9.2-rc1.
The vulnerability does not directly affect to Ruby 1.8 series.
The vulnerability was found and reported by Masaya TARUI.
- SIZE: 7300923 bytes
- MD5: 09df32ae51b6337f7a2e3b1909b26213
- SHA256: e0b9471d77354628a8041068f45734eb2d99f5b5df08fe5a76d785d989a47bfb
- SIZE: 9078126 bytes
- MD5: 0f6d7630f26042e00bc59875755cf879
- SHA256: fdd97f52873b70f378ac73c76a1b2778e210582ce5fe1e1c241c37bd906b43b2
- SIZE: 10347659 bytes
- MD5: fcd031414e5e4534f97aa195bb586d6c
- SHA256: c9fe2364b477ad004030f4feeb89aeaa2a01675ff95db1bed31a932806f85680