Posted by usa on 14 Sep 2017
There is a buffer underrun vulnerability in the
sprintf method of
This vulnerability has been assigned the CVE identifier CVE-2017-0898.
If a malicious format string which contains a precious specifier (
*) is passed and a huge minus value is also passed to the specifier, buffer underrun may be caused.
In such situation, the result may contains heap, or the Ruby interpreter may crash.
All users running an affected release should upgrade immediately.
- Ruby 2.2 series: 2.2.7 and earlier
- Ruby 2.3 series: 2.3.4 and earlier
- Ruby 2.4 series: 2.4.1 and earlier
- prior to trunk revision 58453
Thanks to aerodudrizzt for reporting this issue.
- Originally published at 2017-09-14 12:00:00 (UTC)