Posted by NaHi on 7 Dec 2002
RAA is upgraded.
- URL was changed. RAA is at http://raa.ruby-lang.org/ now. Former URL https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa.html is redirected to the new URL.
- Add new page “All” that lists all RAA entries by alphabetical order.
- Show number of projects in each major_category or minor category in listing view. We have 753 projects now. Is your stomach full?
- Add AND/OR search option. RAA search is substring search, not a word search.
- Project’s “name” field is restricted to match
- RAA users can refer a project with a simple name like “druby”. They don’t have to remember the ID number or a long name like “druby – distributed ruby”.
- Application owner must specify canonical name(s) of his/her project(s).
This field is a freezed (static, const) field. For each existing entries, I prepared a canonical name created from former name, Project UNIX Name in sourceforge or filename of its download item. See [ruby-talk:58018] for your entry. Since I created canonical names automatically with a script1, some owners would think that it isn’t a suitable name for their project. So UNTIL THE END OF THIS YEAR owner can change this “name” field of his/her entry.
- Add new field “short description”. Owners can describe short(63 bytes or shorter) description here. At now, this field is filled with former “name” field. Feel free to change this field anytime.
- To add an application entry, you must type pass phrase twice. Don’t forget your pass phrase.
 canonical name generation tool; https://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/app/raa/tool/name_conv.rb
RAA development team:
NAKAMURA, Hiroshi aka NaHi and U.Nakamura aka usa.