Akinori MUSHA announced today that Ruby 1.8.7 has been released.
The new version of Ruby includes many bug fixes, lots of feature enhancements backported from 1.9 and some performance improvements since 1.8.6 while maintaining stability and backward compatibility with the previous release to a high degree. See the bundled documentation for details about compatibility issues.
The source code package is available in three formats at the following locations:
- MD5 (ruby-1.8.7.tar.bz2) = f17f14c8d55e731b3ce1bc35c42f0a6c
- SHA256 (ruby-1.8.7.tar.bz2) = 65f2a862ba5e88bac7a78cff15bcb88d7534e741b51a1ffb79a0136c7041359a
- SIZE (ruby-1.8.7.tar.bz2) = 4100024
- MD5 (ruby-1.8.7.tar.gz) = de906850f9a012c12ffc6e9f56fb1b66
- SHA256 (ruby-1.8.7.tar.gz) = 600dccf13bca3e4179fa6ff554220ce4ba67ffc72bce1ac3bf74c2599c03a0ca
- SIZE (ruby-1.8.7.tar.gz) = 4799732
- MD5 (ruby-1.8.7.zip) = 14d3eb37b32e4a26966bdd80f361ccd2
- SHA256 (ruby-1.8.7.zip) = 805987ad167d8f9cac90e4b9342686e96a7708664111be27a3c6d680ce21d6c1
- SIZE (ruby-1.8.7.zip) = 5851408
For a brief list of user visible changes and a full list of all changes, see the bundled files named NEWS and ChangeLog, which are also available at the following locations:
Posted by james on 31 May 2008