Posted by Yugui on 2 Jul 2010
Ruby 1.9.2 RC has just been released. This is a release candidate of Ruby 1.9.2.
About Ruby 1.9.2
Ruby 1.9.2 will be mostly compatible with 1.9.1, except for the following changes:
- many new methods
- new socket API (IPv6 support)
- new encodings
Randomclass that supports various random number generators
Timehas been reimplemented. There is no longer the year 2038 issue.
- some regexp enhancements
$:no longer includes the current directory
dlis reimplemented on top of
psychlibrary that wraps
libyaml. You can use the library instead of
About 130 bugs have been fixed since the 1.9.2 preview 3 release. All major known bugs in the 1.9.2 were fixed, except for #3462.
Due to our schedule, Ruby 1.9.2 will be released in early August. The schedule of Ruby 1.9.2 has slipped in order to ensure that 1.9.2 passes the RubySpec. It now passes more than 99% of RubySpecs. Try out the new Ruby and let us know via our issue tracker if you have any issues.
- SIZE: 8479087 bytes
- MD5: 242dcfaed8359a6918941b55d0806bf0
- SHA256: c2a680aa5472c8d04a71625afa2b0f75c030d3655a3063fe364cfda8b33c1480
- SIZE: 10779309 bytes
- MD5: fdedd5b42ae89a9a46797823ad2d9acf
- SHA256: 3e90036728342ce8463be00d42d4a36de70dabed96216c5f8a26ec9ba4b29537
- SIZE: 12158992 bytes
- MD5: 3da59c5d3567f6e1f1697abbef71f507
- SHA256: 4f593a3d0873cea8f371a7fc7484cad7bc03acac0ada1970cb9f83a89bc27997