Posted by Yugui on 11 Jul 2010
Ruby 1.9.2 RC2 has just been released. This is the second release candidate of Ruby 1.9.2.
The psych library has been fixed since the previous candidate, and some minor bugs were fixed.
See the NEWS and ChangeLog files for more details.
About Ruby 1.9.2
Ruby 1.9.2 will be mostly compatible with 1.9.1, except for the following changes:
- many new methods
- new socket API (IPv6 support)
- new encodings
Randomclass that supports various random number generators
Timehas been reimplemented. There is no longer the year 2038 issue.
- some regexp enhancements
$:no longer includes the current directory
dlis reimplemented on top of
psychlibrary that wraps
libyaml. You can use the library instead of
Ruby 1.9.2 has gotten stable as we expected. Due to our schedule, Ruby 1.9.2 will be released in early August. The schedule of Ruby 1.9.2 has slipped in order to ensure that 1.9.2 passes the RubySpec. It now passes more than 99% of RubySpecs. Try out the new Ruby and let us know via our issue tracker if you have any issues.
- SIZE: 8480974 bytes
- MD5: 4e4906d0aab711286b31f5a834860cc3
- SHA256: 692ebae991b104482dc9f0d220c1afb6b690a338b3b815aaa4f62954d2fa1b4a
- SIZE: 10781884 bytes
- MD5: d12cd39eee4d99bc54b52aba5a0ba4e1
- SHA256: 5d523d99f928705ac1de84ade03283c468415c00f8b6755a8dd7a140828869b4
- SIZE: 12161233 bytes
- MD5: 05229b43981e4e5ce58b5fb2e98eee52
- SHA256: 33f7f4cdd8444c2594728f70ac07477575a7cba5e7756bd3645f23e52605618c