Posted by hsbt on 6 Aug 2013
Translated by antipop
Some services provided by ruby-lang.org are stopped, because the servers of ruby-lang.org are currently down.
Impact is as follows:
- All mailing lists provided by ruby-lang.org are down.
- Ruby’s tar packages distributed by ftp.ruby-lang.org are unreachable.
- If you lookup old DNS cache, you cannot reach www.ruby-lang.org.
We are repairing these services now.
Update (2013-08-06 9:33 UTC)
The reason of today’s problems is a hardware failure. We repaired the following issues:
- All mailing lists are back, but we still have some problem. We are repairing it.
- ftp.ruby-lang.org is available again via http and ftp.
If you discover other problems, please report them to https://github.com/ruby/www.ruby-lang.org/issues.
Update (2013-08-06 13:18 UTC)
We stopped ftp.ruby-lang.org via http and ftp, because some old packages of Ruby is broken. MD5 doesn’t match as expected.
We are investigating now. Detail infomation is following issue. https://github.com/ruby/www.ruby-lang.org/issues/259
Update (2013-08-07 14:08 UTC)
We confrimed that follow packages are broken. We got same packages via http://mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/
ruby-1.9.3-p426.tar.bz2 ruby-1.9.3-p426.tar.gz ruby-1.9.3-p426.zip ruby-1.9.3-p429.tar.bz2 ruby-1.9.3-p429.tar.gz ruby-1.9.3-p429.zip ruby-2.0.0-p0.tar.bz2 ruby-2.0.0-p0.tar.gz ruby-2.0.0-p0.zip ruby-2.0.0-p195.tar.bz2 ruby-2.0.0-p195.tar.gz ruby-2.0.0-p195.zip
We checked that MD5 checksum of these files are same as our release announcements. ftp.ruby-lang.org via http and ftp is available now.
Update (2013-08-09 9:30 UTC)
Some of our services have been backed now, which had been suspended since Aug. 6 2013 by the server accident we reported before
- Mailing list: We replaced a software to provide the service from FML to Mailman.
- For details, please check out http://lists.ruby-lang.org
- Package distribution: You can now download the packages we’re providing from ftp.ruby-lang.org via both http and ftp.
- Snapshot packages: We restarted daily snapshot building and packaging
If you find any problems on our services, please notify us at https://github.com/ruby/www.ruby-lang.org/issues